The Perfect Cedar Plank Salmon
Great for any special event.
1 2-pound salmon filet with skin
1 cedar plank, soaked in water for 60 minutes (can be purchased most places where cooking utensils are sold)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2-tablespoons canola oil
1-tablespoon dried thyme leaves
1-teaspoon cayenne pepper
Generous sprinkle of The Perfect Spice Low Sodium or The Perfect Blackening Rub
1) Combine brown sugar, oil, thyme, cayenne and Perfect Spice in a bowl.
2) Preheat to high and then adjust to medium low after 15 minutes.
2) Allow coals to burn until they are covered with white ash.
3) Place salmon, skin side down on cedar plank.
4) Spread bowl ingredients over salmon.
5) Place the planked salmon on the grilling grate and cook, covered for about 40 minutes or until the surface begins to turn white